S137 New Application Information

Applying for S137 Funding

If you think that your organisation would benefit from a S137 donation then please contact the Parish Clerk for more information.  Alternatively, you can fill in an application form (see below).

Criteria for Making a Funding Request:

Any organisation, club or society that wishes to make an application for a Section 137 donation must:

  1. Submit a fully completed application form.
  2. Identify how the donation will benefit the local community.
  3. The organisation, club or society must be non-profit making.
  4. All applications for above £250 must be accompanied by the most recent Annual Accounts and a copy of their most recent bank statement.
  5. Each application must state the names of any other organisations to which an application for Grant aid has been made.
  6. Copies of receipts for all transactions that have been made with the grant must be provided to the Parish Council within 28 days upon request.
  7. Any grant that the Council offers is on the understanding that the applicant is responsible for obtaining any necessary legal permissions (including insurances). The offer of the grant by the Council should not in any way be taken as any authorisation.
  8. The applicant must notify the Council in advance if they are unable to fulfil or need to change any part of their application.
  9. The Council will request immediate repayment of any grant, and pursue all costs, if it is felt any criteria has not been adhered to.

The application form can be downloaded here and must be submitted to the Parish Clerk either in writing or by email to miltonparishclerk@gmail.com

Applications cannot be considered from:

  1. Individuals,
  2. Organisations which support or oppose any political party,
  3. Organisations that discriminate on the grounds of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief, age or
  4. Organisations or establishments for whom Central Government, Health Authorities, County or District Councils are the appropriate statutory funder.