What is S137?
Under Section 137 of the Local Government Act 1972, Milton-under-Wychwood Parish Council has discretionary powers to award grants to local groups or organisations for “purposes, which may bring a direct benefit to the area or any part of it for some or all the inhabitants”.
To be considered for a donation, please see “Applying for a S137 Grant” and make a written application to the Parish Council providing the necessary details as requested.
Currently, the Council set their budget for S137 donations in line Section 137(4)(a) of the Local Government Act 1972
The Council have adopted the following policy:
- Applications for grants can be made anytime of the year.
- Applications will only be considered on receipt of a completed application form.
- The Council reserves the right to grant limits in line with budget requirements and or expenditure it maybe required to make.
- All applicants will be notified regardless of application outcome.
- Successful applications will be recorded in the Council meeting minutes.
- Grants will be paid by BACS into the organisations account.
- Grants must be spent within the current tax year.